Monday, December 29, 2008

Techfun

When I was working with an IT firm, I used to assist my clients on phone to solve their IT related issues.One day When I was sitting in office, I got a call from a elderly lady, who had purchased a PC through us.
I felt she is very embarrassed because of some issues and I knew that she is not much computer literated.
So I asked "May I please know what is the issue you are having?"
Then she told "Icant see my desktop icons and even the desktop aslo"
From her narration of the situation, i got a hint that she might have open some other applications and kept on desktop by mistake.That is the reason she is not seeing her desktop.
So I planned to assist her by giving some simple tips.

Assuming that some applications are open, I asked"Could you pls close all the windows?"
She said "ok" and suddenly I heard a banging sound of the reciver on the table.
Iam excited because I was not hearing anything and I tried to invite her attention by saying "hello...hello" many times.
After sometime she took the phone and said "hi.. hello".
I asked "what happend?where did you go?"
She said "I had gone to close all the windows of my house according to your instruction"
I was in great dilemma whether should I laugh or cry.
Anyway I was speechless....

No comments: